About Honda Canada
Since coming to Canada in 1969, Honda has had tremendous growth across the country and become a valuable part of the community. Below are some of the most notable milestones in Honda’s Canadian history.
- The Honda Civic is Canada’s best-selling passenger car for 18 straight years.
- Honda Civic named “Best New Small Car” by AJAC.
- The 2015 Accord celebrates making Car & Driver’s “10Best” list for a record 30 years.
- Honda Canada celebrates all-time record sales year with 177,506 vehicles sold in Canada.
- HCM manufactures its seven-millionth vehicle in March.
- HCM begins production as the global lead plant for the 10th generation Honda Civic.
Today, Honda employs more than 19,000 Canadians, buys $2.1 billion of goods from Canadian-based suppliers and produces products for the U.S., Mexican, Chinese and South American markets. Simply put, Honda is an amazing Canadian success story that celebrated its 45th anniversary in April 2014.
Find out more about Honda Canada >